The offshore oil and gas industry is an international one. Major companies operate in many countries, and in each, certain organizations are in place to assess and ensure the use of sound technological developments. ICRARD's purpose is to coordinate research activities: to exchange information: and to promote research cooperation between these organizations. ICRARD is organized under the primary sponsorship of the
HSE hosted the first meeting in 1994. ICRARD is open for membership to any country interested. To promote further cooperation, the terms of reference have been modified to accept participation from not only the regulatory bodies, but their representative research branches and any national oil companies that support offshore research and development programs.
Terms of Reference
- To provide a forum to advise on research and development activities funded by Offshore Regulatory Authorities.
- To exchange details of current research and development programs on a regular basis.
- To make available reports from completed research and development programs to other authorities.
- To co-sponsor research and development projects, when appropriate.
- To exchange information on research and development program strategy.
Meetings of ICRARD
The meetings of ICRARD are held annually and are hosted on a rotating basis by the Member Authorities. The Host Authority chair the meetings and provide the Secretariat for the meeting.